Thursday, September 8, 2011

There's A Hole In This Cake

I am going to be perfectly honest with you. Before becoming engaged and obsessing over all things wedding, I had no clue what bunting was. The first time I had heard of bunting, my first thought was maybe they meant bundt. (Come on, I know I am not the only one.) Maybe instead of having a candy bar, they were doing various types of bundt cakes? In fact whenever a bundt cake is mentioned in my family, typically we quote this scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

{Video via You Tube}

Even now that I am well aware of what bunting is, I still correlate it to a bundt cake. Ya know, the kind with a hole in it.

I have had months to ogle over these pretty little flags. I officially fell into a "gimme gimme I have to have it" state of mind. I finally went on a mad search on Etsy. I came across burlap bunting with glittery writing by seller funkyshique. This was spot on with the style of the wedding. You have the burlap which is all rustic like and the glittery writing to add a pretty flare. I thought for a split second that maybe I could DIY. Then I realized from past experiences that I should probably be restrained from glitter to protect all those around me including myself. This was probably not the best project for me to DIY. I then sent a message to funkyshique to see if we could do a little customization.

I cannot say enough incredible things about this seller. She corresponded with me for nearly 3 weeks until we decided exactly what I wanted. Her work is outstanding and she is so dang creative. You go girl.

Here is the finished work:

To be hung on the cake table.




To be hung on our chairs. Because ya know, people may not know who we are.



My personal favorite, to be hung on the bar.


Okay, I need to show you a close up of those beers.
Seriously, way too freakin' cute. Yum, look at that frothy goodness.


I am so impressed with how these turned out. It's the little details that make a big difference to me.

Who else will be using bunting?
And please tell me I am not the only one who
 assumed bunting and bundt were one in the same?

{All photos are personal}

No comments:

Post a Comment