Friday, September 16, 2011

Save The Date Reveal

I have heard from many of my guests that they received our Save The Date, so I think it is time to do the big reveal.

I tell ya what, when you get engaged one of the things you definitely don't plan on is taking forever to make a decision on how to address the envelopes. It took me nearly a week to decide on whether I should hand write, label or print on the envelopes. I finally made a pro and con list to try and figure this out. Ridiculous, but it worked. The final ruling was to print straight on the envelopes, and I think it turned out quite nice. Granted, I had to do them one by one so it took a few episodes of True Blood and Breaking Bad to finally finish them. I decided to use Monterey BT font which is the cheaper (as in free) cousin to the very beautiful Feel Script font.


I ordered carrier cards to keep the magnet in place while it is in the envelope. Although our Save The Date had a serious identity crisis before they were sent out due to the carrier card. We were concerned that people would not know it is a magnet. At first glance it does look like a postcard.


However from the feedback I have received from our guests, they all figured out it is a magnet. I actually had many compliments on the carrier card.


As much as I love the magnets and I find them very functional, we did encounter a small problem with a few of our guests. Some of them have stainless steel refrigerators. For those of you who aren't aware, magnets do not stick to stainless steel. I fretted about this for awhile but finally I said to myself, hey it's not my problem they're all fancy. So yes, we did get demoted to a few filing cabinets and old non-stainless steel garage refrigerators. That's fine by me, at least they have our date saved.

Something funny did happen though while I was assembling all of the Save The Dates. The carrier cards came in a large stack. When I got to the middle of the stack I noticed a pink card with a Bible verse on it. On the back of it was a random website address.


I got SO excited and figured Magnet Street was doing an In N Out Burger secret bible verse thing. (If you haven't had In N Out, you have not lived.) For about a week I was convinced of this theory. I finally decided to visit that random website address that was on the back of the card. Um yeah, it was an actual wedding website for a real couple. That card made it into my order purely by accident. What a bummer.

Other than a few issues like an identity crisis and being useless to our stainless steel refrigerator guests, our Save The Dates turned out great. The simplicity is just perfect and I love that the main focus is the photo.

Did anyone else do magnets for their Save The Dates?
How did they turn out? Did you run into any issues like I did?

{All photos are personal}

No comments:

Post a Comment