Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Doe, A Deer, A Female Deer!

What is that I hear? Is that the Sound of Music?! I think it just might BEE!

Well hey there, Hive! My name is Miss Doe. It is an honor to meet all of you! I am incredibly excited to be here. As soon as I recovered from the shock of receiving an acceptance email, I instantly called all my friends and family. They all know what Weddingbee is and were so thrilled for me. Except I did not tell my little brother because I figured he just would not understand what the heck I was talking about. I later received a text message from him that said " I hear you are some sort of bee keeper now?" Oh man, that was my favorite response of the day.

So who are we? We met way back in ninth grade when I was 15 years old and he was 14 years old. Yeah, yeah I robbed the cradle. We were both born and raised in a small Historic farming town in Northern California. While most were trying to find their escape route, we were planting our feet in the ground. We have no intentions of leaving. Why would we? We have the mountains, ocean, wine country, the capital, and the city by the bay right at our fingertips.


He is an avid outdoorsman and his passion is duck hunting. He also enjoys managing his old dudes softball (aka beer drinking) team. He is happiest in the outdoors with a cold Sierra Nevada.


I love reading, cooking and photography. I am a Rat Pack fan and have a crazy obsession with Christmas. I like to pair a good glass of wine with either Ferris Bueller's Day Off or possibly some Full House reruns.


Meet our two loves: the wiener dog with an attitude problem named Ladey and the very lazy basset hound named Sherlock.


Oh did I mention our birthdays are only 1 day apart? It is a crazy coincidence, but it is true!


You are probably wondering why Miss Doe, right? Other than the fact that the icon is insanely adorable, we actually chose Doe because my fiance is a big time hunter. No, don't worry he does not shoot female deer. That is actually highly illegal. He goes after those big bucks with massive antlers. Which is what I will be calling him from here on out, Mr. Buck.

Miss Doe and Mr. Buck, it just seems to fit us so well.

Together we are planning a Spring wedding in the foothills of Northern California. We are blending our two styles to create a rustically elegant wedding. Somewhat of a city meets country. Most importantly it will be filled with a whole lot of family and love. So here we go, let the fun begin!

Much love from here on out,

Miss Doe

{All photos are personal}

No comments:

Post a Comment