Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Like Raiiiinnnnnn

On your wedding day. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think? I would like to formally apologize now for getting that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day. I'm sorry, but it had to be done.

We chose the month of May to have our wedding for one huge reason-the weather. We really would like to have an outside ceremony and reception. Typically in the month of May in California, the weather is gorgeous. Not too hot not too cold and blue skies as far as the eye can see.

Except this past May not only did it rain, but it stormed. As in huge winds and a record amount of rain. My heart broke for all the brides out there who planned outdoor weddings with no backup plan. Not just May though, there was another huge storm at the beginning of June. This is almost unheard of in California, it was shocking to say the least. This gave me a massive dose of reality. I had thought rain could be possible, but it most definitely will not happen. Now I am expecting it half as much as I am expecting beautiful weather. It is very possible it can happen and gosh darn it, I will just need to deal with it.

I am happy to say though that we have a very strong backup plan. As much as I love the outdoor area of our venue, the inside area is just as beautiful. The Inn is an old Georgian style house turned bed and breakfast. The main room has impeccable hardwood floors, a cozy fireplace and a fantastic crystal chandelier. Let me show you a few photos to give you a sense of just what I am talking about.







Absolutely stunning. Therefore if rain decides to rear it's "lucky" head into our wedding day, I will embrace it with open arms. Bring it on rain, i'm not scared of you.

Is anyone else getting a little nervous about rain?
Do you have a backup plan just in case?

No comments:

Post a Comment