Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frank Sinatra Meets Lynyrd Skynyrd

Finding a DJ was something I wanted to do very early on in the planning process. It was among one of the most important vendors to me to book. They are basically responsible for keeping everything flowing smoothly-from ceremony to reception. I was preparing myself for the search to be difficult. You see, my taste in music is quite eclectic. My ipod is fairly interesting to browse through because the main bulk of it is this:

{Images via Amazon}

Lots of Rat Pack music, old country and new country, 90s boy bands and the occasional show tune. Real good stuff. Now on the other hand, this is what Mr. Buck listens to:

{Images via Amazon}

Yup, that is pretty much it. He's a simple kind of man. He doesn't have an ipod and the only time he listens to music is in the car. As you can probably imagine, our road trips are pretty interesting. One minute you are listening to That's Amore and the next is Sweet Home Alabama. 

Which means that we needed to find a DJ who would accommodate our vast taste in music. I have been to many weddings where the music is only one genre or on some occasions....highly inappropriate. At one wedding my brother and Mr. Buck put in a request for the DJ to play Lynyrd Skynyrd. He actually told them no. What a hater.

I mean if I had it my way, I would have these guys DJ the wedding.

 {Image via DJ Jazzy Jeff}

For some reason though, I don't think they will be available. When I began the search for a DJ I went into it knowing that I was looking for that all around DJ. You know the type...keep the party moving, good personality, well spoken, and play everything that we want. Including playing any requests from our guests.  I came across Joe Kalamaras with SJ's Disc Jockey by recommendation of both my makeup artist as well as my venue. From the reviews I found online, it seemed as though this guy is it. He also has his play list on his website so I was able to confirm that he does in fact play anything and everything. The rave reviews I found online proved to me that he is very experienced. To top it all off he was affordable and within our price range.

We booked him soon after I met him and was able to check that to-do off the list! It feels great to know that we booked a DJ who I am confident will do a fantastic job at the wedding.

Were you picky like I was when choosing your DJ?
Did you try and find a DJ who would be willing to play all types of different music?





No comments:

Post a Comment