Sunday, September 4, 2011

Something: Blue

My Something Blue comes from my Something Borrowed. I am not sure if it is against some type of wedding law to borrow from other categories like this instead of having a separate item, but that's alright. I'll be a wedding rebel.

I would also like to take the time right now to question the person who came up with this whole "Something" idea. The Old, New and Borrowed are fairly easy to come up with. However, making one of the categories a specific color really throws a wrench in things. They probably just needed to come up with something that rhymed with "new." In my opinion, they should have been less creative to help future brides out. I digress.

Nothing that is blue has really stood out to me to use as part of my ensemble for the day apart from my Grandma's garter. To tie up this series, I present to you my Something Blue.


I recently was made aware that my Mom borrowed her Something Blue from another category as well. You guessed it, that pretty blue garter. I sense a new tradition forming. Again I ask, does it still count? Well, my parents have been married for 27 years so I would answer that with an astounding yes. So gosh darn it, I am going to borrow from another category for my Something Blue too, just like my mom did.

Will you be borrowing from other categories to fulfill the
Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment