Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh That's Not Cute

When it comes to fun wedding things, I have somewhat of a wandering eye. As much as I love my table numbers, I was thinking that maybe I wanted to add some personalization. I'm sure many of you have seen the "through the years" idea for table numbers. I have always loved this, and I started to think that maybe I would like these instead. Here is a mock up of one that I had started on.


Cute, right? Here is the problem.

I stopped being cute around 1996.

I know my family and Mr. Buck all disagree with me and say that it was just a "stage" I went through. To give you a better idea of what I am talking about, picture a mix of Manny from Modern Family and Sue from The Middle.



I was chubby, had glasses and braces, somewhat nerdy....I was just slightly awkward. Okay, I was really awkward. It's totally fine, I know this and I have come to adore those years of mine. It gives me a good laugh from time to time.

However, I am not interested in showcasing this at the wedding. 

My issue is that if I do "through the years" table numbers, then I will end up skipping those awkward years. That might make for some confused guests trying to find their tables. 

I also really do love the table numbers I have already worked on. I simply want to add some personalization somewhere in the wedding of us when we were young. I don't know how to go about this though. 

One thought I have is putting together a collage of all our cute pictures from when we were young. Then I could have it displayed at the welcome table where guests can see it when they arrive. That way I can pick our favorite photos and not have to worry about being sequential. Then, I could do a second collage of photos from the past ten years of us being together. That way it will all tie together.

Nothing is set in stone, but I would like to get this figured out. 

Hive, do you have any suggestions of how I can include cute pictures from when we were young? Do you plan on doing a collage of photos from years past?

No comments:

Post a Comment