Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cake Toppers: Part Two

I truly take to heart all of your comments, and you were all especially helpful in my last post about cake toppers. The mini bunting received quite a few votes, but my reservation on that is there will already be quite a bit of bunting throughout the reception. I don't want to overdo the bunting, I think small touches might look better.

Many of you mentioned that the cake is beautiful and very detailed on its own, and does not need any type of intricate topper. Knvprincess143 made a great point by saying that the cake has a shabby chic feel to it. Another option that received many votes were the wooden letters, but everyone said they seemed a little too modern.

I liked the idea of having our last initial on top of the cake because it would add to the beauty, but not take away from it. I set out on a search to find a shabby chic monogram, and this is what I found.


{Image via Etsy}

For a reminder of what the cake looks like, here it is again.

{Image via The Cake Blog/Cake by Wendy McClendon/Photo by Brian Clay}

Imagine that cake topper adorning the top of this cake, surrounded by luscious blush pink and cream flowers. I think that it would add a nice touch to the cake, avoiding the possibility of taking away from the beauty of it.

What do you all think? Is this the winner or should I keep searching?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post!! I am thankful to get this post of Cake Toppers which was really needed by me. I got this post when i was searching monogram cake toppers

    ReplyDelete