Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cake Toppers

I've always figured we wouldn't have a cake topper. I never understood the point of them, and to be honest...I still don't. I have no idea what purpose they serve, or what the heck we will do with it after the wedding. I mentioned this to Mr. Buck recently, that I wasn't  planning on getting a cake topper.

He looked at me and said, "but why not?" I responded with, "well, it doesn't really serve a purpose. I don't think it is necessary." Again he looks at me with a straight face and says, "So? Is anything really necessary? Just get a cake topper."

So I guess I am getting a cake topper.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are adorable. I guess I was being boring and a little too practical for my own good. I am glad Mr. Buck made me step back and realize...who cares if you don't need it? Have fun and just get one.

Hive, I need your help. I am stuck between various options that I love. First I should probably show you my cake inspiration. I am hoping that we can have this exact cake made, because I am seriously crushing on this ruffled beauty.

{Image via The Cake Blog/Cake by Wendy McClendon/Photo by Brian Clay}

Now that you have an idea of what my cake will (hopefully) look like, let me show you some cake toppers that I have had my eye on.

Option 1: I love the idea of these wooden initials. They are customizable so we can order them in any color that we like.

{Image via Etsy}

Option 2: I am worried this could be a little too rustic, but I think it would play off the cream ruffles nicely.

{Image via Etsy}

Option 3: Tiny little bunting is way cute, and we would most likely order it with our initials.

{Image via Etsy}

Option 4: These tree stumps can be totally customized with any color or objects that you want. You can even add people or keep it with no people.

{Image via Etsy }

{Image via Etsy}

I think all of these are great options, but I can only pick one. Obviously. It would look quite odd having various cake toppers on one cake. 

Hive, what is your favorite out of these cake toppers? Do you plan on having a cake topper?

No comments:

Post a Comment