Friday, January 20, 2012

A Bridesmaid Dress Of The Green Variety

We received a call a few weeks ago that the bridesmaids dresses had arrived. I had not seen the dress in the specific color that I had chose, so I was slightly nervous. Why was I nervous? A famous dude named David Tutera made me nervous, that's why!

I am sure most of us have all seen that awesome show, My Fair Wedding. Now don't get me wrong, I love David Tutera's weddings just as much as the next girl. They are always fabulous in every sense of the word. Yet, I think he gets something wrong when it comes to the color green. As most of you may know, David Tutera despises green when it comes to weddings.

In the article titled David Tutera Dreaming Bigger, written by Jennifer Florendo, he talks about all things wedding. He is quoted as saying, "I don't hate green as a color in anything other than two things: fashion and lighting. When you light people in green, they look sick. It looks like Halloween. And I don't like green in fashion for bridesmaid's dresses, or in general. I just think it's not a great color."

This frightened me. Did I make a mistake choosing green as the color for the bridesmaids dresses? I'll let you decide:

Sister Doe looking quite beautiful in green.

I think we hit the nail on the head with this dress. The style is flattering and the material moves nicely and is breathable. Oh and the color....THE COLOR. I personally think this color of green is marvelous. I even think that David Tutera might be cool with this shade of green. 

Hive, what is your opinion on green in weddings? What do you think of my bridesmaid dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment