Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Little Fear Of Mine

One year ago I started my first DIY project. (Just DIY it!... Sorry, can't help myself.) Since that time I have completed, redone and thrown out many more. In my extra bedroom right now I have boxes and stacks of all my wedding projects. My projects are starting to overtake my home. The other day I walked into the room and tripped over a bag of moss. Because that's totally normal, right?

On another note, remember how I mentioned my color scheme is sage green and blush pink?

I had to stop and ask myself the other day, WHY is it that the only sage color that I currently have throughout the wedding is the bridesmaids dresses? I have no idea what happened. I think I originally tried to force myself into a particular color scheme, then at some point I just said screw it and went with what I thought looked best.

I am anticipating walking into the wedding and seeing all of my projects, design and hard work displayed beautifully together for the first time.

Yet, my concern is that instead it is going to look like a barn threw up mismatched crap with some pretty flowers thrown in.

I know that seems unreasonable, but really...think about it. I have all of these wonderful projects, but I have never seen them together displayed properly. The fact of the matter is that there is no dress rehearsal. There is a rehearsal....but no dress rehearsal.

I won't see everything together until the wedding, and I am just hoping that it will all flow together the way I have envisioned it.

Does anyone else fear that your projects and style won't look the way you had hoped?

No comments:

Post a Comment