Monday, November 7, 2011

Who Else Can We Ask Not To Eat?

I know I sent my save the dates out ages ago, but I never did talk about the dreaded guest list. I say dreaded because I think you all can commiserate with me on this one.

When we sat down to get started on the guest list, I was so excited. I didn't think it would take longer than an hour or so to get some names together of everyone we know. Honestly, I pictured it wham bam thank ya ma'am. What a naive little bride that I was. Apparently guest lists aren't always that easy.

Remember the invitations scene from Father of the Bride? I think we all can relate to feeling this way when the reality sets in that weddings are expensive and you know way too many people.

{Video via You Tube}

Invite coworkers? Friends you haven't seen in forever? Long lost relatives? Invite kids? ACK!

The process of putting together the final guest list took us nearly a month. We finally had to put on a hard outer shell and make some decisions. It was probably one of the most daunting, frustrating and difficult tasks we have had to accomplish so far in wedding planning.

In a perfect world, who wouldn't like to invite everybody? Unfortunately that is not realistic, which makes guest lists zero fun.

The pain is over though, and we have conquered the guest list. A guest list where EVERYONE can eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment