Thursday, November 17, 2011

Videography Success

Remember here when I told you about the horrid experience we had while meeting with a potential videographer? The one who said he didn't really enjoy doing weddings, and he kept calling Mr. Buck by the wrong name? Well, our search for a videographer does have a happy ending. Our photographer was able to refer to use his friend who does videography.

They are a husband and wife team and they run a wonderful little wedding video company called WV Collections. We met them for coffee to go over details and pricing information. They treated us as though they were honored to be a part of our wedding, and asked us inquisitive questions. I wasn't nervous to ask them any questions either because they treated every single one of them importantly. On top of all that, they remembered our names. This was all new territory for us!

Being that videography was not at the top of my list, I needed someone that was reasonable. Someone who would work with us and around our budget. I am happy to say that we were able to book them for 5 hours and they will be doing candid interviews with select family members and bridal party. The best part? They came in under budget. The contract was signed and the deposit was paid. I almost felt like I was stealing from a baby because this all turned out so perfectly. To be completely honest, I was so excited that I started dancing around the house. The following video basically sums up what happened:

{Video via You Tube}

If this last videographer did not work out, I was ready to give up. Video can be expensive and I was not prepared to spend a lot of money on it. I am overjoyed that we will have WV Collections there to document our day.

Moral of the story? If you are looking for a good vendor, make sure to check with your other booked vendors and see if they have any referrals. They work in the wedding business, so often times they can give a fantastic recommendation.

Were you able to obtain useful referrals from any of your vendors?

No comments:

Post a Comment