Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Buck and Doe Register: Part One

We had been talking about registering for quite some time now, but the wedding always seemed so far off that we didn't feel it was necessary quite yet. Well now that we are at that six month mark, we decided it was as good a time as ever. So we set out to the first place on our list, Bed Bath and Beyond.

You guys, you always imagine the scanning gun would be fun...right? I am here to tell you that yes, it is in fact one of the most fun things EVER. You get to walk around and scan anything you want. The problem with that is you can scan anything you want. It is dangerous, and you feel powerful. That is not a joke, it is true.

We really did try and be smart when choosing things that we wanted on our registry. Like usual, they did try and push the china. We had no interest in china, so we left it off. We added some big ticket items like our cooking set and a Keurig coffeemaker, but also added a ton of smaller items like utensils and drinking glasses.

At one point I did start to get frustrated when I would scan something and then realize the price was astronomical. I scanned an accent pillow that turned out to be $60. AN ACCENT PILLOW. Not even a full size pillow, a small little pillow that was $60. Is it stuffed with gold dipped goose feathers? I do not know, but I can only imagine. I quickly deleted things such as that off the registry. While I know people say to add what you want and people can either decide to get it for you or not, I just could not do it. Truth of the matter is, a $60 pillow in my house would probably end up with dog hair on it or get a beer spilled on it. I tried to be realistic in matters such as this.

Bed, Bath and Beyond was smart when they added that little Beyond at the end of their name. They have this and that and everything in between. It is quite overwhelming to say the least. I have always loved this store, but in the past I never went in with the intention of picking out things for my home that most likely will be around for many years to come. They ask you questions such as, "what plates do you envision your family eating off of in the future?" Don't you put that kind of pressure on me Bed, Bath and Beyond...don't you do it!

It was a daunting task and I would be lying if I said it was all ponies and giggles. There was so much to choose from and before I knew it, 3 hours had passed. That is a long time to be anywhere, especially registering. Oh, might I add that we are geniuses to decide to register at the start of the Christmas shopping season. It was scary.

Mr. Buck was a trooper though and thank goodness we pretty much agreed on just about everything we chose. Before we headed over to our next stop, we decided we needed to take a break and have some lunch. We were exhausted, and it was time for us to unwind at On The Border.


It was just what we needed to calm our brains and feet down a bit. A little lunch and a drink and we were on our way to Crate and Barrel.

How was your registering experience? Was it a litlte more stressful than you imagined it would be?

Up next- Buck and Doe Register: Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment