Friday, November 18, 2011

My Letter To Jack Johnson

Dear Mr. Jack Johnson,

Mr. Buck and I have grown up together listening to your music. It is one of the few music choices that we actually have in common. One of our favorite songs is of course, Better Together. The lyrics are absolutely perfect. You were able to write a beautiful love song while steering clear of being overly mushy. I thank you for that.

Better Together would be perfect for our first dance song. The issue that I am having is that it is much too fast. Either we awkwardly and quickly sway to this song, or we need to have some type of choreographed stint going on. Either way, it is not ideal for us. I have tried searching for different versions that you may have recorded, but this search has proved to be unsuccessful.

I think there is probably others out there who are in the same boat I am in. My plea to you is to record a slower version of this song. That way more bides and grooms can use this song for their first dance.

What do ya say, JJ? I am going to predict that you would sell many copies of this slower version!

Sincerely,

Miss Doe

{Video via You Tube}

Okay seriously, Better Together is a perfect song to use in a wedding. I know many people use it in various areas such as the processional and cake cutting. But gosh darn it, I want it for the first dance. It is so fast though and I am not sure my short little legs can keep up with it.

Does anyone know of a different version of this song? Did you decide to use it anyway and just grooved along with the quick beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment