Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do You Feel Like A Bride?

This past weekend I did what any bride does on lazy days...get caught up on wedding shows, duh. You know the lineup: Say Yes To The Dress, Platinum Weddings, Four Weddings, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding..and my new personal favorite, Brides of Beverly Hills.

These shows vary far and wide in its content. However, I started to notice a common theme. I kept hearing the same phrase over and over in each show.

"It makes me feel like a bride."


Whether they were trying on their dress, veil, shoes, picking out flowers, cake tasting. Everyone was doing something different when they would proclaim, it made them feel like a bride.

I can't say I have had a moment like that yet. I have a tendency to over think and analyze everything and my brain is constantly running a million miles a minute. I haven't really stopped and said yes, I feel like a bride right now. Don't get me wrong, I love every single moment of this planning process. I just haven't had that pivotal bridal feeling moment. I imagine I will be one of those who won't feel that way until my actual wedding day. 

Hive, I want to know from every person reading this right now...what makes YOU feel like a bride?

Has it not happened for you yet? 

If you are already married, when did you first recognize it?

Did it not happen until your actual wedding day?

Was it something small or big when you first felt like a bride?

No comments:

Post a Comment