Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ain't Nothin' But A Hoochie Mama

I consider my mom to be a stylish lady. Her hair always looks great (seriously, everywhere we go she gets compliments, it's turned into a ridiculous joke), her makeup is always nicely done, and she always is wearing cute clothes.


So the search for the Mother of the Bride dress should be super easy, right? Wrong.

I am going to venture out to say that the search for my dress was much easier than the search for her dress. Seriously, and it has nothing to do with my mom being overly picky or anything. It is the simple matter of the options for MOB dresses are not great. They are either matronly looking or a hoochie mama dress. It seems as though the options are either something that Betty White would wear or Sofia Vergara.

{Image via NY Post}

{Image via Modern Family Cast}

Love both ladies and they are both gorgeous, but my mom isn't really down with either of those styles. Where are all those in between dresses? The mom's that want to look great and in style but also want to keep the goodies in the jar, if you know what I mean.

It seems our best bet so far has been Nordstrom. She has tried on everything....and when I say everything, I truly mean that. Some were just so-so and some were downright awful. Right now her current pick is this dress:

{Image via Nordstrom}

It looks beautiful on her and the color brings out her stunning blue eyes. The only drawback is that the material is satin, and she isn't so keen on satin because it tends to be clingy. Her preference would be chiffon or something similar that moves and breathes easier. While this dress isn't ruled out, the search is still on for the right dress.

Does anyone else agree with me that the options for our mom's are lame? There really should be some better options out there for those "in between" mom's. 

Has your mom found her dress yet? Was the search difficult or did you find a great dress right away?

No comments:

Post a Comment