Friday, November 11, 2011

Military Brides

No, I am not a military bride. Yes, I am a proud American. Yes, I do support our troops. Yes, like many others I want to help, but don't always know how. In honor of Veterans day today, I bring to you an incredible cause for military brides.

As some of you may have noticed, yesterday I listed my veil for sale under the classifieds section. I started thinking that maybe I would donate instead. But where?

I happened to glance down at my calendar and saw this:



Hmmm, Veterans Day is tomorrow. Now wouldn't it be great if there was some type of organization dedicated to brides in the military or brides who are marrying a military man? I decided to do a quick Google search to see what I could find. Sure enough, I came across a website called Brides Across America.

Brides Across America is an organization that recognizes the need for our Country to do more to support our troops and their loved ones. Many bridal salons across America have been donating dresses to this foundation. Brides Across America also accepts donations of used dresses, veils, and accessories.

{Image via Brides Across America}

They hold events all across the Country where military brides can come in and take their pick from many brand new and pre-loved items.  Brides whose fiance is deployed or has been deployed within the last 5 years, or who have been deployed themselves, qualify to attend these events.

How have I not heard about this before? I started to do more research, and was completely blown away by this foundation. I know there are many of us out there who have a wedding item that we no longer need, yet we don't know what to do with it. Whether it is a dress, veil, tiara or jewelry. If you are interested in donating, I urge you to consider Brides Across America. They will take clean gowns up to 4 years old as well as any other accessory that is in good condition. Follow this link for shipping instructions and how to donate.

This is such an incredible way to help their wedding dreams come true, and a small way for us to say thank you for the sacrifices that they make every single day.

For our military Hive members, make sure to check them out and see how they might be able to help you find your perfect dress!

Were you just as surprised as I was to find there is such an outstanding organization for military brides?

No comments:

Post a Comment