Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Buck and Doe Register: Final Thoughts

Since we registered nearly a week and a half ago, Bed Bath and Beyond has done a wonderful job keeping up on things. They noticed we added a few things online and deleted a few items, she took the time to call us and ask if we had any questions. I also came home the other day to a nice handwritten thank you card in the mail from them. Although Bed Bath and Beyond was overwhelming, it was completely worth it. Being that they have SO much stuff, we were able to eliminate other places we were considering registering at. I know a lot of people register online and not in store, but I have to say that I am glad we stuck to registering in store. We were able to look at the quality of different items and see what they look like in person. There are items that we added to our registry that if I had only registered online I probably wouldn't have chosen it.

I really enjoyed our relaxed experience at Crate and Barrel. While we were moseying around, we struck up a conversation with a woman and her husband who were there buying a wedding gift for someone else. They have been married for nearly 30 years and they had some great advice for us. They asked us what type of things we were registering for. I told her, but did mention we were having a hard time choosing bedding and blankets.

They both just lightly chuckled with a great big smile and followed that up with "don't worry about it." They made a good point by saying that blankets and bedding will wear out over the years and will need to be replaced. Register for nice dining pieces, toasting flutes, and that sort of thing because they will last forever They told us that they still pull out their toasting flutes every year, and it always reminds them of their wedding.

Now, I am still convinced I don't need nice china. However we did register for nice dinnerware and a beautiful set of toasting flutes. After their kind words and wisdom, I said let's forget about bedding. To be honest, I end up changing up my bed yearly anyhow. From there on out we tried to add items to our registry that we know we will get a lot of use out of.

Might I add that it is important to create your registry your way. They kept giving us these crazy lists of all the things we need to register for. I am sorry, but I don't need candlesticks, crystal frames or 8 sets of pillows. We really tried to keep things realistic for us, and do what we know is best for our home.

Now our registry is complete and that is one more thing I can cross of the to-do list. Yes it took quite a bit of brain power and thought process to register but please do not get me wrong. It. Was. FUN!

When we were finished, I asked Mr. Buck what is the one thing he wants the most off the registry? And out of all of the beautiful things we registered for, the one thing he wants the absolute most is a $6 garlic peel. Looks like someone might be getting one in his stocking from Santa. (See? It's great to register before Christmas.)

What are your thoughts or concerns about registering?

No comments:

Post a Comment