Monday, November 28, 2011

Buck and Doe Register: Part Two

It was a smart move on our end to break for lunch and relax a bit. This gave us time to process the past three hours and create a game plan for our next stop. Everyone told me to register at Crate and Barrel, and I told all of those people...no thank you. I was quite certain that everything was too expensive and there was nothing there that we needed.

In my defense, I had never actually been to a Crate and Barrel. Go on and laugh at me. I know, I know. How can I judge a place I had never been? I don't really have a good answer for you, I just did.

We kept hearing about Crate and Barrel though. We decided what the hay, let's go see what they have. First off, their registry system is fantastic. If you are like us and have a tendency to want to shop alone and do your own thang...then this place is IT. They set us up with a scanning gun (again, super fun) and they left us alone to register. They are there if you need them, but for the most part you pretty much take care of everything yourself.

When you are done all you do is hook up the scanner to one of their registry computer ports...follow the instructions, and you are good to go. The registry computer port is SO fun that it will induce great joy not yet seen during the registry process from your fiance. He wasn't too interesting in the scanning gun or really anything else for that matter...but the registry computer port? Exciting.


Although the majority of what we registered for is at Bed Bath and Beyond, we did register for some fantastic and unique items at Crate and Barrel. Yes, they do have quite a few items that are pricey that I had to ignore (read: incredible furniture that would cost two months salary.) But they also carry quite a few affordable options as well. In fact we registered for our entire dinnerware set at Crate and Barrel.

To top it all off, they gave us a fancy little vase as a thank you gift for registering with them. What a nice touch, Crate and Barrel. Bravo for perfecting the registry process.

Have you ever misjudged a place that turned out to be great? Did you register at Crate and Barrel? If so, did you find this to be a positive experience as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment