Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wacky Dreams

Hive, I have some exciting news to share with you.

I had my first wedding dream! Some of you may or may not find this exciting, but I am pretty thrilled. I kept hearing people talk about their wedding dreams, and up until now I had not had any. I wanted to have fun and experience a freaky wedding dream too!

The wedding is creeping up pretty fast, which is probably why those wedding thoughts are now entering my dream world. I have to tell you though, my dream was weird. Not just kind of weird...i'm talking super weird. 

I only remember bits and pieces of the dream, but these bits and pieces are enough for anyone to scratch their head.

As we walked into our reception, I noticed all of the tables were covered in burlap and lace. I made a note to everyone that these were suppose to be sage, but oh well. Then, all of the centerpieces were piles of sand and marshmallows with birthday candles stuck in them. When we lit the candles, the sand and marshmallows magically transformed into piles of snickerdoodle cookies. (Which actually sounds pretty fantastic.)

You  can't make this crap up.

From there I changed out of my wedding dress at the reception into none other than my high school prom dress. Mr. Buck asked me why I decided to wear my prom dress. All I could answer was, it was all I could find in the house. Oh well. 


Throughout this entire dream, I had a real sense of knowing that everything was out of place. My wedding is suppose to be elegant with a rustic twist, with beautiful colors of blush pink and sage green. Somehow the marshmallows, snickerdoodle cookies and prom dress just didn't seem to fit quite right.

In my dream, people kept coming up to me asking me what I thought about everything being wrong. Every time I would answer with a smile on my face and say, oh well. I honestly did not care that everything was not the way I had planned it.

I had to sit back and reflect on what this dream could have meant.  There had to be something pass the odd details, right? All I could think of is that this dream was telling me to relax and stop worrying so much about the small things that don't matter.

Should the design I had envisioned not come to fruition, then I believe I have the personality to just say, oh well. Followed by a big hearty smile, and who wants cake?!


Have you had any wacky wedding dreams? Did you write it off or did you decide to figure out what the dream could mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment