Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gonna' Be All Jersey Shore

...is what I said when I went in to get spray tanned last week. Obviously, I was joking. At least I hope you realized that I was joking.

If you wouldn't mind if I stray from the subject real quick, I have to bring you up to speed on my jersey shore-ness.  You see, I am of the 1% of America that actually does not watch Jersey Shore. Sure, i've seen a few reruns here and there, but I haven't actually sat down to watch an entire episode. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome in all kinds of terrible ways. I just never really got around to watching it, and let's be honest, by this point it's a little late in the game.

Back to my point though, I was joking when I said I wanted to be tan (ahem, orange?) like Jersey Shore. In fact, I was hoping for quite the opposite. I just wanted a natural glow, nothing that looked too fake baked.

My mom and I decided to head out to the tanning salon to test out spray tanning. We wanted to see if it would be a good idea for the wedding. I was slightly worried at first that I was going to have an experience similar to Ross.

{Video via You Tube}

Luckily, my results were far different from Ross. While I was fairly happy with my spray tan, I am glad that we decided to test this out ahead of time.

I am slightly streaky in a few inconspicuous areas, nothing extreme though. The color seems about right, but there is one major issue that I discovered and had not thought about originally.

Staining.

If our wedding is on a warm day, and there is any perspiration whatsoever...there is a huge chance that some of that fake tan will wear off onto my pretty white gown. The last thing I need is to lift my arms up to throw my bouquet, and grace our guests with a view of nasty orange streaks.

Not. Cute.

I think the spray tan is fun for events such as a wedding shower or bachelorette party. I am not sold on it though for the wedding. I am fairly certain I am going to stick to tanning the good old fashion way. I am glad I discovered this issue now than on my wedding day.

Which means a big hip-hip-hooray for trials! That's what they are meant for, and I am glad I took the time to do so, and re-evaluate my options.


No comments:

Post a Comment