Monday, February 27, 2012

A Plated Dinner Choice

When it comes to food at weddings, I don't really know a whole lot about it. I've only been to a handful of weddings in the past. However, at a particular wedding that I attended, they ran out of food. It was buffet style, we were one of the last tables...and yes, they ran out of food. It was a bummer, but luckily the bride never found out about it. At one point she did ask me how dinner was, and I smiled ever so sweetly and told her it was delicious.

Now don't get me wrong, buffet is a wonderful option. Everyone gets to choose what they want on their plate, and everything is easy peasy.

However, the buffet issue that happened at the wedding I attended, still left a bad taste in my mouth.

No pun intended. (Well, maybe a little intended.)

Our venue would never let such a thing happen, but I still was drawn like a magnet to the plated dinner option.

You all know how much I am in love with our venue. They truly are a marvelous place. They offer the same price for both the buffet and plated dinner. You take your pick for whichever option you like best.

As you have probably figured out, we opted for the plated dinner.

At the open house at our venue, we were able to taste many different food options. The hours d'oeuvres and meal options were all available for us. We tried everything and were able to decide pretty quickly what our favorites are.

We decided on the following for our plated dinners:

Slow roasted and smoked prime rib with horseradish sauce, twice baked potato and garlic steamed broccolini.

Oven roasted sea bass fillet topped with cilantro lime and chipotle chili aioli, wild rice pilaf, and steamed asparagus.

You guys, the food was phenomenal. We had a difficult time choosing, but ultimately we felt these two options would please everyone.

We all know how it works too. Everyone RSVP's and typically they choose one of each option per couple. The husband never really knows what he will be eating because the wife chooses for him. One of each so that she can have a bite of both.

I mean hello, that's obviously what I will be doing. I will be eating the sea bass and will steal some nibbles (AKA huge bites) of my new husband's delicious prime rib.

We feel confident in our choice of food and hope that everyone will like their options.

Now comes the fun part of trying to decide what to use as meal identifiers for the place cards. *Sigh*, such the life of a bride.

What will you be eating at your wedding? Will you be doing a buffet or plated dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment