Monday, March 26, 2012

Getting Crazy

At this point, we have been engaged for fifteen months. I have been touting the fact that we have had a long engagement so I am able to have so much time do everything. So what do I decide to do two months before the wedding?

Oh ya know, change almost all of my projects. Nothing like a little procrastination and excitement to get my booty moving.

Why the sudden switcharoo? Well, I blame the damn linens.

You see, our wedding package comes with upgraded lamour colored linens. Lamour is a beautiful luxurious fabric. I am ecstatic that we are able to have this option because it is really going to add a nice touch to the tables.

We decided to do simple white lamour table cloths. Now, why would I choose white when I could choose any other color?

Because apparently I am obsessively crazy about color...or so I have come to learn.

No really, our wedding will (hopefully) be outdoors, and it bothered me when I envisioned sage green table cloths...against the already luscious green outdoors. Our venue is surrounded by gorgeous amounts of green trees, grass and plants.  It seemed as though it all might clash. Therefore, I decided to do white table cloths for a nice crisp look against the already green backdrop.

As for the napkins, I was okay with having sage green napkins. It wouldn't overtake everything and would add a touch of color to the tables. To give you an idea of the colors, here is a photo of the sample choices:


With blush pink flowers on the tables, I think this is going to tie together nicely.

So what's my deal here? The fact that the sage green napkins do not match any of the sage green projects I have already worked on. Most normal people might just brush this off and say, so what who cares?

I can't though, it bothers me and I must address this issue. 

I won't throw all my changed projects at you all at once, so I will start with the table numbers.

Remember my glitter blasted sage green table numbers I made awhile back? 


Yeah, I repainted them. With the table numbers and napkins so close to each other on the tables, I couldn't have two different shades of green going on. I decided to apply my white shabby chic technique that I learned how to do when I painted my cake topper


I think it turned out pretty well, and will compliment the sage green napkins beautifully. I am much happier now that I made the decision to update my projects to match my linen choices.

Although I am now mourning the loss of my glitter blast. Farewell glitter blast, you were good to me while it lasted. 

What do you think of my updated table numbers? Is there any small detail that has drove you absolutely bonkers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment