Friday, March 30, 2012

What's Your Scent?

"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting." Christian Dior

When it came time to choose the perfect perfume to grace myself with for the wedding, I had a hard time making a decision. Smell is one of our senses that can always take us wherever we need to go. A little whiff of something can instantly transport us back to a memory. That is why I wanted to make sure I chose the absolute best perfume for me.

I don't have a horrendous amount of perfumes, but i'd say I have a decent collection of a few staples.


That bottle of Chance was actually a Christmas gift from Mr. Buck back in 2010 when we got engaged. Chance is definitely my signature scent and I wear it almost every day. Somehow though I have barely made a dent in that bottle!

I headed out to Nordstrom the other day with my mom to try and track down the elusive scent that would accompany me at the wedding. I ended up spraying two different perfumes on each of my wrists and then walked away. Many perfumes smell great right away, but as the day progresses it either can fade or not mix well with your body chemistry. I needed to give these pretty fumes some time to mingle with me. 

We had lunch and shopped a little more. The entire time I was walking around smelling my wrists. I am sure I looked like a total dweeb. At the end of the day, one of the scents was completely gone. This was no good because I wanted the aroma to stay with me all day and into the night. 

The other scent had relaxed nicely on me, and seemed as though it wanted to stay and hang out for awhile. I decided to lock it down and purchase my new smell good friend. 

Her name is Love Chloe:


Another thing that really distinguished Love Chloe from the others was that it was very lucid. It's not the type that when you smell it you think "hmm, it smells kind of flowery. It smells good, but I am not sure what it is." That is why I like Chance so much because when you smell it, you instantly know what it is. Love Chloe is the same way, as soon as you smell it you know what it is. That was an important factor to me because in the future when I wear Love Chloe, I need it to be very distinct so that it brings back memories. 

Also, when I woke up the next morning...Love Chloe was still there enjoying that spot on my wrist. Enticing me to spray some more; but no...she will have to wait a little longer until I can start using her for good. 

I love hearing what perfume others like to wear. What is your signature scent, and what are you choosing to wear on your wedding? 

No comments:

Post a Comment