Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm Just Crazy About Tiffany's: The Day

Everyone was asked to wear black and told that pearls would be provided. This turned out looking absolutely adorable and classy. Thirty ladies all walking around in black and pearls, how much more Tiffany's can you get?

{Mom Doe/Hostess Extraordinaire and I at the start of the party}

 {Sister Doe/Hostess Magnifico and I}

 {We even had pearl champagne glasses!}

 {My bridesmaids and I with Holly Golightly hanging out in the back}

Sister Doe asked Mr. Buck interview questions ahead of time, and I had to guess his answers. If I got an answer wrong, I had to put a piece of bubble gum in my mouth. I did pretty good, I only ended up chewing five pieces.

Only because there were trick questions such as "If  Mr. Buck could be any super hero, what would he be?"

Of course my answer was somewhere along the lines of batman or superman. 

His answer? Chuck Norris. 

Enough said.


Then came gift time. It's like gathering all of your birthday presents together from all of the years past, and piling them into one day. It was a ton of fun, but also overwhelming. The generosity that pours out from all of your friends and family is intense. I felt like I was opening gifts for two hours.

With that many gifts, it is easy to blow through.  I made a point though to know who each gift was from, and to comment on it after opening it. Which isn't always easy since sometimes gifts aren't marked.

That's when crazy-eyed Doe comes out.

You just have to stand up and yell over everyone and say, "who got me this freaking awesome rice cooker?!" Then usually you get every one's attention and can figure out who the gift-giver is.

All joking aside, I do think it is very important to know who got you what and thank them for it right after you open it. I can only hope that every single person knew how much I appreciated them.


All the while Sister Doe was preparing my rehearsal bouquet. It was her first time and I think she nailed it!


Bridesmaid K was busy keeping track of the gifts. She had a pile of thank you cards ready, and in each one she placed a post-it note with the name and gift of each guest. That way it made everything very simple when I started my thank you cards.


It truly was a beautiful day, and I could not be more thankful to my mom and sister who hosted the shower. As well as my bridesmaids who were a major help to them. 


Were you overwhelmed by the amount of love that oozed out from your bridal shower? Do you have any great bridal shower tips you can share for future brides?

No comments:

Post a Comment