Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yum, Cake

If there is one thing you should know about me, it should be that I have a huge love for cake. My sweet tooth wouldn't mind eating it for breakfast, lunch, dinner...and then again for dessert. Which means that I take my wedding cake business very seriously.

At the open house at our venue, the cake tasting was most definitely one of the highlights of the day. Monte Verde spared no expense, and had a beautiful platter for each couple to try out the different options.

My sweet tooth was like a monster and took over before I even remembered to take a proper photo. So, I present to you my halfway "oops I need a photo."



The owner at Monte Verde, Kelly Dalisa, makes all of the cakes. She is incredibly talented, and these cakes are amazingly delicious.

It was difficult to narrow down which two we should use for the cake. In the end Mr. Buck decided the fruit flavor, and I decided the chocolate flavor. What each of us knows best.

The top and bottom layer of our cake will be peanut butter cup. Peanut butter cup is a chocolate cake with super chocolate fudge and creamy peanut butter frosting topped with more peanut butter frosting.

The middle layer of our cake will be classic lemon. Classic lemon is a lemon cake with lemon curd and a hint of lemon buttercream.

Is your mouth watering yet?

I know, I don't think I have ever had peanut butter and chocolate cake at a wedding before. But I tell you, this is some of the best cake I have ever had in my life. It also brings somewhat of a unique twist, and it definitely fits us very well.

How was your cake tasting experience? What type of flavors are you going with for your wedding cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment