Friday, February 10, 2012

Crazy Stalker Bride

Most of my friends and family would say that I am a fairly calm bride so far. The only real freak out came when I was locked out of my house before I went to pick up my wedding dress. Other than that, I am cool, calm and collected.

Except there might be one person who disagrees with that. Who might that be?

My mailman.

As most of you may realize, during your engagement there tends to be a lot of packages delivered to your house. I have ordered many supplies and accessories online so far. Which means USPS, FedEx and UPS have been constant visitors of mine.

After I place an order, I typically stalk the tracking number. Then when it gets close to being delivered, I impatiently away for the arrival. I didn't notice how bad this was until recently.

An important package for the wedding was set to be delivered on a Friday. It was supplies for a project, and I had planned for my entire weekend to be dedicated to crafting this project. If the supplies did not arrive that Friday, then my weekend was ruined. Okay not ruined, but a whole lot less exciting.

I started to incessantly worry that a signature would be required, and what if I wasn't home when it was delivered? Then they would leave a notice on my door, and I would have to come back to the post office at a later date to pick it up. I was not having any of this. I thought I had a great idea to leave a note on my door for the mailman. Obviously he would understand my concern and be accommodating, right? I mean, I did use a smiley face.


Believe it or not, the mailman never called me. I know, crazy. Luckily though, he left the package and there was no problem.

When I got home and saw the note still stuck to my door, I had to laugh at myself for being such a total dork. Who does this stuff? Apparently crazy stalker brides such as myself. Luckily, as far as I know my mailman is the only one who probably thinks I am totally nuts.

It made me realize how planning a wedding can make you do some pretty silly things. I wouldn't normally write a strange note to my mailman, but when there is a wedding involved...I guess I can be a little quirky.

So while I might be for the most part fairly level headed, my freak outs strike in other ways.

Has planning a wedding led you to do things you wouldn't normally do? Also, please tell me I am not the only one who leaves odd notes for the mailman.


No comments:

Post a Comment