Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Lantern Card Holder

Lately I have been trying to catch up on the smaller details. Mainly my Google, Pinterest and Etsy searches have been dedicated to one thing- card holders. To any "normal" person this may seem a little boring and possibly crazy. But to all of us engaged ladies, I think you can understand my obsession.

What would be the perfect object to house any cards that might show up at the wedding? There are many options: box, bird cage, mailbox. Or how about Mrs. Earrings beautiful vintage suitcase card holder. I love all of these, and so my obsessive searching began.

I still came up empty handed though. You know when you obsess over something too much then all of a sudden you just give up and stop caring? Yeah, that's what happened to me. I decided to let my brain have a rest and just forget about it.

Well, good things do come to those who wait. One day after a lovely lunch at Red Lobster with my family, we quickly stopped in next door to Pier 1 Imports. (Random, I know.) I went in to check out their fun Christmas decorations, but instead I got distracted by something else. It takes a lot for me to get distracted from Christmas stuff, so you know this is good.

They had beautiful lanterns in all different shapes, sizes and styles. It hit me that this would be perfect to hold cards at the wedding. I found a beautiful white lantern with an open top and a door. It was as if it started to sing to me, it was absolutely perfect.


People can drop cards in from the top, or open up the door and stick them in. It even looked "wedding-ish" which means I don't have to mess with it at all.



This little gem only cost me $20. Not bad considering I was preparing myself to spend too much money for one on Etsy. Now I have a pretty little lantern to hang in my house after the wedding.

Okay, maybe I am using it to hold all my Christmas cards right now. I can't just leave it packed away in the closet for the next five months, now can I?


What do you think about using a lantern for a card holder? What do you plan on using for cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment