Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Favor Expectations

So, what's the deal with favors? I have to say, some of the strangest criticisms I hear about weddings is about the favors. I've heard the following far too many times: "I can't believe they gave us (fill in blank.)"

Excuse me, but do you go to the wedding for the favor? No, most likely you do not. At least I am hoping you don't. So again I ask, what's up with favors?

I feel like far too many people put too much concern and worry into the favors. The fact of the matter is, most favors cost anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars. Most likely you are not going to have some outrageous favor to present to your guests. If you do, then hey that's awesome! Where I come from though...that just doesn't really happen.

Your guests know this! I personally have never gone to a wedding expecting some type of incredible favor. 

My point here is that the debate on favors is never ending. Some people say food is the only way to go. Some people dog on Jordan almonds (I personally think Jordan almonds are delicious.) Matchbooks, mints, wine topper, spices...you know the usuals. Some people prefer to donate money in their guests honor. Some people decide no favor.

Whatever you decide, I honestly feel they are all great. It is your wedding, and you don't have to conform to any pattern. Do what you and your fiance feel is best. Better yet, have some fun and do what you feel fits your personalities the best.

Ladies (and gentleman?) let's stop stressing about the favors. Yes they are nice to have, but I think we should all stop fretting so much about it. And for goodness sake, let the criticism on favors subside.

You might have noticed that I haven't mentioned what my favors actually are. I wanted to get this all out before I tell you what our favors are and potentially take some heat for them.

What is your take on favors? Do you think as brides we worry about them a little to much sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment