Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmastime Is Here

Wow, Christmas is this weekend. Ya know, in case you didn't know. (That's me, being sarcastic.) I'm quite sure the insanity at the malls and grocery stores have been a constant reminder to you. As well as the incessant jewelry commercials that have graced the TV.

Not only is Christmas on Sunday, but it is also mine and Mr. Buck's one year mark of being engaged. Or in more technical terms, our engageaversary. Okay never mind, that's not technical at all. You get what I mean.

I distinctly remember last Christmas thinking wow, we are going to have a whole other Christmas before the wedding. This is going to be torture having such a long engagement. Then BAM, it's already here again.

I can't help but think how quickly time moves. My dad mentioned to me recently that in the amount of time it just took me to blink, that's how fast the wedding will be here.That could not be more true.

Now there is only five months to go. I feel like my to-do list is getting longer and time is doing the opposite.

A year ago the wedding seemed like a distant vision, something I was having a hard time grasping because it was so far away. Now it is just around the corner, and I can feel and taste the sweet beauty of it.

For those of you who are in a long engagement, I assure you that it will be here before you know it. Savor your engagement, and make use of the precious gift of time to do all that you need to do.

From both of us, we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Also to all of you in the Hive who got engaged last Christmas, happy engageaversary to you :)


Has time seemed to move abnormally fast for you lately? Are you doing anything special to celebrate the day you were engaged?

No comments:

Post a Comment