Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Favor Reveal

Our wedding favors were one of the first decisions we made in planning the wedding. We both fully agreed and loved this idea. Before I reveal it though, I need to say this.


Alright, are you ready for this? Our wedding favors will be KOOZIES! For those of you who aren't aware of what these are, here is how Urban Dictionary defines them:


A koozie is a neoprene or foam rubber material sleeve used predominantly by rednecks to keep their crappy watered-down American beer cold.

It also doubles as a fashion accessory on which the redneck may display his/her favorite NASCAR driver, swimsuit model, brand of beer, brand of tobacco, or local blue collar business.

Paw: "Hey Maw, check out this Dale Jr. koozie that Bubba from the liquor store gave me." "It was supposed to come free with an 18 pack of Budweiser, but Bubba gave it to me anyhow even though I bought Keystone Light."

Maw: "Dang!" "You, kin use it when we go to the track on Saturday."

Paw: "Why wait til Saturday, when I kin use it right now?"

Maw: "Na, you should just used yer ol PBR koozie and save the Dale Jr. koozie fer special occasions like Bobby Sue's weddin' reception or Saturday at the track."

Paw: "Dang"! "I never thought of it that way".

Okay, so that is slightly dramatized but also kind of funny. I know what some of you are thinking... that koozies are tacky and or redneck. But hear me out.

Whenever we are on vacation somewhere, I always buy a koozie. The cheesier the better. For example, my koozie I got while we were on vacation in Belize. 


While koozies are typically associated with beer, I personally use mine to keep my Diet Pepsi cold. It can work for any canned or bottled beverage.  I love collecting koozies, and they are consistently used in my house. 

When we were trying to decide on favors, we wanted something that people might actually use but also fits us well. Koozies are affordable, fun, and totally us. Here are a few examples of wedding koozies:

{Image via Kustom Koozies}


{Image via Kustom Koozies}

{Image via Kustom Koozies}
{Image via Kustom Koozies}

{Image via Kustom Koozies}

Our guests can use them during the wedding, and hopefully will take them home to enjoy. We live in California so we figure they can use them camping, at the beach, fishing, or even at a backyard BBQ. 

I know that if I received one at a wedding, I definitely would make use of it. Although we do realize that not everyone may be down with this idea, and there is a huge chance some people may not even use them.  Like I said in my post yesterday though,  you can't stress about favors or try and please everyone. Our guests aren't at the wedding for the favors, so our hope is that they will have fun with the koozies. Who knows, they may be a huge hit!

Do you think people will enjoy the light heartiness and fun of the koozies? What do you plan on doing for favors, if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment