Friday, December 16, 2011

The Flower Girl and a Special Dress

Our flower girl has quite the important role in our ceremony. Not only is she the keeper of the flower petals, but she is bringing in some fun family history. You see, my dad comes from a family of ten kids. The youngest was only five years old when my mom and dad got married. Naturally, she was their flower girl.


Fast forward twenty seven years, she now has two daughter's of her own and I am getting married. My aunt was my mom and dad's flower girl, and now her daughter will be my flower girl.


Don't you just love how stuff like that works out? She also has the cutest Southern accent EVER. (Okay, it's an accent to this Californian. I so wish I had a cool accent like that.)

Such a beautiful princess needs a dress befitting as such. I know most bridal stores have flower girl dresses to choose from. I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo, and they do have many options. However, I am not sold on all of those dresses. I don't feel like I need to get her dress at a bridal store. What about opening up my options to department stores that carry fancy little girl dresses? For example, I found some great options at Nordstrom.

{Image via Nordstrom}


{Image via Nordstrom}

{Image via Nordstrom}

Bridal stores have a scary return policy, whereas Nordstrom is known for their customer service. Being that I don't live near my aunt and cousin, I feel like ordering a flower girl dress through Nordstrom would be a safer option. Plus, their prices seem to be slightly lower. 

I need to start making decisions here so that we can find the perfect dress for our very important flower girl.

How do you weigh in on the bridal store  vs. department store route? How will you be dressing your special flower girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment