Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strange Things Happen...

...when Miss Doe picks up her wedding dress. Does anyone remember what happened last time I went to pick up my wedding dress? Yeah, i'm talking about the time I accidentally got locked out of my house and wasn't able to grab necessary items such as a camera, shoes...and oh yes, proper underwear. 

Well, last week we went to pick up my dress from my final fitting to take it home for good. Only this time, we had somewhat of the opposite issue. Let me explain further.

We had spent a good hour or so in the bridal salon. I tried my dress on, spent a good amount of time in it, and had a few more pieces of my dress pressed. As we walked out, what do we see but my mom's car with the trunk wide open. She has a Ford Edge, which means when the trunk is open...the entire car is open. Apparently we had left it like that and her car was wide open the entire time we were inside. We looked around, and luckily the kind citizens left it alone. 

(Although I am quite sure that at one point some stray cats took shelter in there, and possibly the random dude I saw hanging out at McDonald's on our way there. But i'm just guessing.)

Here's the kicker, when we tried to close the trunk...it popped back open. We tried shutting it again, and once again it flew back open. We did this a couple dozen more times, all while trying to keep our composure and not die of laughing. Something about this situation was oddly hilarious. 

Finally after shuffling some things around and pushing a few unknown buttons, we were able to get the trunk closed. HOWEVER, there was no way I was putting my dress in the back of that car. I could just see it flying open on the freeway and there goes my freshly altered dress.

Which means the only suitable place was in the backseat with me and one of my bridesmaids. 



Garsh that was some funny stuff. Almost as funny as Miss Turkey's situation, but on a Northern California level. 

Forty five minutes later we were all home safe and sound. If you were wondering, no the trunk did not fly open on our way home. I can promise you though that if my dress had been back there...I bet you it would have.

I just know it.

Have you run into any interesting situations while out doing bridal things?

No comments:

Post a Comment