Friday, April 20, 2012

A Special Date For A Marriage License

Yesterday marked a big day for Mr. Buck and I. We celebrated ten years of being together, and decided it would be as good a day as any to go apply for our marriage license.

I have to say, it was incredibly easy. For some reason I built it up in my head that this was going to be some long cumbersome process where we would have to stand in line forever at the court house. Not so. There was nobody in line, and the entire thing took approximately fifteen minutes.

The only things you need for California is a valid photo ID and your parents birth names as well as their birth state. Oh yeah, and $97. Which if I recall hearing the cost of other states, this seems a little high.

I told my mom and dad that I couldn't believe how expensive it was. They agreed, and my dad continued with, "well your mom was a bargain then back in the eighties!" Dad humor again, at its finest.

The one thing that is cool is that yesterdays date of April 19 is on our marriage license, because that was the day it was issued. From here on out we will forego our April 19 celebrations since we will have a marriage anniversary to celebrate instead. However, I think it was a nice and subtle way to tie in the April 19 date.

I can hardly believe it has been a decade since we first got together. Now the wedding is just next month. Time does in fact fly right on by.


Did anyone else decide to apply for their marriage license on a particular date? 

No comments:

Post a Comment