Monday, April 16, 2012

The Time Miss Doe Forgot Her Hair Trial

Yes, you indeed read that right. I had my my hair trial scheduled months in advance and what do I do? I forgot about it. This is not like me whatsoever. I keep all my appointments scheduled and I never miss one, especially a hair appointment. Even more important a bridal hair appointment. This was bride brain to.the.max.

Last Saturday I was enjoying my day very much. No big plans, just a few errands here and there with the occasional wedding project planned. I had just gotten out of the shower when I received a call from my hair dresser wondering where I was. I was confused, what does she mean? My hair appointment is not until next weekend. I wrote it on my calendar, so obviously I am right.

No. I was wrong. Way wrong.

My hair appointment was in fact that day, and I was already fifteen minutes late. I was so embarrassed, and I quickly threw on some clothes and I was out the door. I furiously tried to dry my wet shower hair by cranking up the AC and hanging my head out the door like a happy little puppy.

Luckily I only live about five minutes away from my hair salon, so in the end I was about twenty minutes late. I flew in the door like a flipping tornado and pronounced my arrival by again apologizing a million times over. I had never been late to a hair appointment let alone almost missed one entirely.

We were all good though and on we went with my hair trial. After I finally caught my breath and cursed myself for having such a scrambled brain at this point in my life.

Enough with that though and on with the hair trial. Here is the final result that I think might be the winner.


I kid, I kid. Of course this was before she started to pull all of my hair up. Here is he real final result:



With the veil that I have yet to show you:




Here is the thing. I don't love it.

It looks great and she did my hair exactly as I asked her. However, I felt like I have worn my hair like this a million times at different proms and what not. Nothing felt overly special to me and I did not feel bridal. (Besides of course the white veil. That could make anything feel bridal.)

If my hair were like this at the wedding, I probably wouldn't complain. I also wouldn't be particularly overjoyed, just content. I want to love my hair and I would like it to make a statement. It is back to the drawing board, and if she can squeeze me in before the wedding then I am going to have another trial. 

My hair dresser has fairy hands so I know that she is able to do any hair style that I come up with. I just need to find the right one. Oh yeah, and not almost entirely miss my next appointment like a scrambled bride that I am quickly becoming. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment