Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bouquet After The Wedding

As I start preparing all of the small things that go along with the wedding, there are a few that have left me frustrated. My latest obsession has been trying to figure out what to do with my bouquet after the day is over. This is a decision that usually needs to be made a head of time so that you can prepare your bouquet before you leave on your honeymoon and it wilts away while you are gone.

When I was younger I use to save all of the flowers Mr. Buck had ever got for me. At one point I put all of the dried petals into a frame.


That's great and all, but I don't think this is what I want to do with my wedding bouquet.

Many girls decide to go the preservation route, such as this:

{Image via Heller and Reid}

This is a wonderful option because it perfectly preserves your bouquet, and you can also include such things as your wedding invitation and grooms boutonniere in it. Unfortunately, these run anywhere from $400 and up. I am having a difficult time justifying that cost.

Some decide to go an eclectic route and turn their petals into jewelry. This is a more affordable option.

{Image via Blooms to Beads}

That is something very unique, but the only downfall is that you lose the look of the petals and the bouquet. 

I have tried to look into how to freeze dry my own bouquet, but I can't seem to find any way to do this with out potentially destroying it. I can only imagine what my potential DIY freeze dried bouquet might look like. I have a feeling it might frighten anyone that walks into my house, so I best stay away from that option.

I would like to know from all of you what you did or plan to do with your bouquet after the wedding. Do you plan to just toss your bouquet, or do something special with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment