Friday, April 13, 2012

What's Up, Post Office?

I have been having a bit of an issue the past few weeks with the post office. Between the massive cost of invitations and stamps, I really was not interested in forking out more money so that the invitations could be hand cancelled. (Meaning they do not run the invitations through their sorting machine.) While for the most part I would say that was a good call because the majority of our guests received the invitations with no problems. The envelopes were a little worn, but the invitation itself was just fine. However, we did have one casualty:



The postcards that came back were also not looking too hot. Luckily, we are the only ones that see them in this rugged condition.  


I have to wonder though, what on earth is going on over there at the post office. I have visions of Buddy the Elf sorting my invitations himself.

(Video via You Tube)

In all seriousness, I realize that I made the choice to just drop them in the mail and not worry about hand cancelling. Thus, it is my fault that some of them got banged up. It is a bit of a bummer, but it's a lesson learned. 

Did you have your invitations hand cancelled? Did any become lost in transition?

No comments:

Post a Comment