Friday, May 4, 2012

Miss Doe's Fake Hair

I wrote about my hair trial here, and most of you agreed with me that I should go in a different direction. Many of you commented that I should wear my hair either all down or half down. This is interesting to me because never once did I consider this. However, it definitely would get me far away from the "prom look" that I was trying to avoid.

I brought this up to my hairdresser and she immediately suggested that I pick up some hair extensions. I thought, what the heck do I need hair extensions for? I have been growing my hair out for sixteen months now, and my hair is curly with a decent amount of volume. She said that it is not necessarily all for length but to add a little oomph.

Well see here's the thing, I love me some oomph. So off I went to find some.

Any normal person would probably just go to Sally's Hair Supply or something of the sorts to get hair extensions. But you see, I love to do things the most difficult way possible. In doing so, I usually have bad results. However, this time around it all paid off.

I searched the internet high and low for the best possible clip in extensions. I wanted something that would stay tight in my hair, but also look the best. I came across a company called Head Kandy that had excellent reviews. I decided to give it a shot. Here are a few things you should know though:


  • They are based in the U.K. Somehow though, they have managed to perfect their shipping. I was not charged any astronomical fees, and they arrived on my doorstep less than one week after I placed my order.
  • Their customer service is fantastic. Granted, they are on a different time zone which means I would receive responses at oddball hours. They were very prompt though and incredibly helpful.
  • If you email them a photo of your hair, they will recommend the best possible shade for you. 
  • Returns and exchanges are easy, should you need it.
  • Everything arrives in a perfect and well put together package.
If you can't tell, I already liked this company before I had even tried on my hair extensions. When they did arrive, I was completely shocked at how strangely perfect the color matched my hair. It is literally dead on, and I don't necessarily have easy hair to match with my highlights and all. 

Here are a few photos of me with the extensions in. Keep in mind, this is after wearing them all day with out any hairspray. I didn't want to use any goop on them and mess them up until the actual wedding day. They are also incredibly long right now and will need a bit of a trim to get the length just right. 




They are a little more pricey than the typical clip in hair extension, but this is definitely a case of "you get what you pay for." I had personally never seen extensions not attached to the head before, so I wasn't sure how these matched up to others. My hairdresser attested to the fact that these come with far more hair than typical extensions, and are definitely of great quality. 

So there you have it, Miss Doe's fake hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment