Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Changes

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. -Maya Angelou

I have come to realize that no matter how far in advance you plan your wedding, there will be last minute changes. Some due to your own decisions...some not so much. My wedding is soon...very soon. I have had my fair share of changes the past few weeks. I have found that the best way to deal with this is to just roll with the punches, but also have outstanding vendors that will roll with you.

We had a few changes to my floral decisions that needed to be dealt with. With one change came another, and then another...until I realized pretty much everything I had originally planned for had somehow changed in one way or the other. I was overly concerned that I was going to be bothering my florist, but instead she assured me that this was no problem. She more than welcomed my changes and made me feel completely at ease. Bravo to Blooms By Martha Andrews for making me realize that I was not being crazy, but instead just being a bride who deserves to have things the way I want it on this once in a lifetime day.

On another note, our numbers were due a week ago to our venue. Due to a few people calling last minute to say they will not be there, there of course were some more changes. Changes to the seating chart, meal options, bar package...and so on. This turned into a nightmare for me because I just could not seem to get the numbers right. Every time I thought I had it right, I would then realize I was a number or two off. I had to resend my final paperwork to my venue approximately three or four different times.

Our venue, Monte Verde Inn, took it in stride and helped me every step of the way. I am so thankful that they assisted me in getting it all figured out through numerous emails and even a Sunday morning phone call. They have really perfected their work in the wedding world. I know for a fact that they have weddings booked every single weekend of the year. That is a ton of weddings! However, they have been able to make each bride and groom feel as though they are the only couple getting married at their property. I know that if I was dealing with so many weddings, it would be difficult to place such importance on each couple. They have done it though, and for that we are both grateful.

As I said before, it doesn't matter how well you have planned your wedding...there is going to be last minute changes. The very best thing you can do is to just accept the changes, and make sure you have some great vendors who have your back.

Have you had to deal with any last minute changes? How did you handle them?

No comments:

Post a Comment