Friday, May 11, 2012

A Friend For My Shoes

Our wedding venue has large areas of grass, which makes for a beautiful setting. However, heels don't bode so well with grass. The last wedding I attended where there were large amounts of grass, I was basically stuck in the grass all night. I knew this was a problem that needed to be handled pronto. 

I did some research and found a company called Solemates that make a piece of plastic that sticks on your heel. It turns your shoe into somewhat of a platform so that you are able to walk on grass. 

Hello, genius.

Of course I had to order some. This may just solve all my problems. (Shoe problems. It would be even more genius if it solved ALL my problems :) ) 

Let me show you what they look like:




Not the same shoes you might remember me having? Yeaaaah, about that. I didn't write about it because there really wasn't a great story. 

Girl had coupon, girl returns old shoes, girl buys new shoes and saves some dough. End of story, girl smiles big. 

Anyway, the Solemates actually work. You get to have the fun of spike heels, without the issues of sinking into the grass. 

Although Mr. Buck doesn't understand why I don't just wear slippers under my dress since nobody will see my shoes. Boys. So precious sometimes. 

Have you ever had issues with heels and grass? Have you heard of Solemates before, if so have you tried them out? 


No comments:

Post a Comment