Friday, October 26, 2012

We Do(e): The Ruffled Cake

Soon after I had found my dress, I had thought to myself "wouldn't it be cool if our cake could match my dress"? As you all have seen by now, the bottom of my dress was very distinctive in that it was ruffled and resembled whipped cream. Of course I couldn't share that piece of information with Mr. Buck, but I did explain to him my idea of what I thought our cake should look like.

Kelly Dalisa, owner of our venue Monte Verde Inn, is the mastermind and creator behind all of the wedding cakes. I shared with her my idea and not only did she says she could do it but she also threw in some of her own ideas. Up until our wedding day I was anticipating what our cake would like, especially since we had such a specific look we were trying to achieve. 

The morning of our wedding while I was getting ready at the Inn, Kelly Dalisa told me that although our cake is among one of her favorites that she has done. Now, for all I know she tells all her brides that, but I believed her and she certainly succeeded in getting me excited. She wouldn't reveal it to me though until it was time to actually cut the cake. She wanted me to have my "cake moment". 

We had a quick break before it was time to cut the cake. Kelly Dalisa retrieved us right before it was time to gather everyone for the cutting so she could personally show us our cake. I could tell she really was excited with the work she had done. I was excited myself, but I was simply blown away when I finally saw our ruffled cake in person. 

It was everything I could have possibly dreamed of in all of my wedding cake fantasies. The ruffles, the creaminess, the pale pink flowers, the way the "J" that I had feverishly worked on flocked the top...everything about it was spot on. It also weirdly perfectly matched my wedding gown...I have no idea how she was able to match it so effortlessly. Take a look at the comparison:



Cake matching dress = success.

Right when we were about to cut into the cake, Mr. Buck looked at me and said he felt like we were committing a crime cutting into it. While I felt a twinge of sadness, once I saw the delicious chocolate peanut butter cake underneath...I no longer cared. That ruffled cake was now fair game.




Now what do you do with these things?


Awkward cake feeding...I envy anyone that has cute photos of that moment.



And somehow we had done it. Our beautiful ruffle cake went from this:


To this chocolate peanut butter and lemon goodness. (Separate, not together. You'd be surprised by how many people have asked me). Might I add that the cake tasted as incredible as it looked.


Do you have a specific idea in mind for your cake? If you are already married, how did your cake turn out? Did it meet all of your dreamy expectations?

*Photos by Martin's Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment