Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We Do(e): How Sweet It Is!

Now that all the formal photos had been taken, it was time for our grand entrance into dinner. The bridal party was hidden towards the back of the property while our guests had just settled into their proper seats. I felt a huge sense of awkwardness heading my way and I wasn't entirely sure how to handle it.

You see, I have always envisioned what our grand entrance would be like. I have seen numerous photos here on the 'bee where the bride and groom waltz down a tunnel made of their friends. The bride and groom throw their hands up and everyone claps and all is jolly. However, I was concerned I would look like a total nerd if I tried to pull this off. I really didn't seen it happening the way I had always envisioned. Would we throw our hands up, bouquet held high in the air? Would we smile, kiss and wave at everyone? Maybe we should break out in cartwheels and somersaults? I had no idea, but I didn't like that I didn't have a plan. Luckily I didn't have too much time to dwell on this so my natural reaction would just have to do.

As James Taylor "How Sweet It is" began to play (which by the way is the perfect song for a wedding entrance) it was time for us to head on out and make our grand entrance. I am not entirely sure what came over me, maybe happiness and love took over in the drivers seat? Either way, I ended doing a slight shimmy and then my bouquet and arms went up in the air and my smile lit up the pathway.

I have no clue where that came from, maybe from my old theatre days? Who knows, but it all worked out and I don't think I looked too awkward. We walked through a tunnel of our bridal party and made our way over to our spot at the head table. Our guests clapped and cheered and it was nothing but pure fun with a dash of shimmy thrown in for good measure.



There's something to be said about letting loose and just seeing what happens instead of trying to force a moment. 

Are you planning a special entrance or are you just going to fly by the seat of your pants? What song did you choose for your entrance?

*Photos by Martin's Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment