Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We Do(e): Girls Get Glam

Before I knew it the time had come for the girls to make a smooth exit from the hotel to Monte Verde. I vividly remember this short drive because it was one of the few moments I had alone with my family. We had been to Monte Verde countless times, but we were beyond excited to pull in and see what the grounds looked like on this exact day. My wedding day.

As soon as we started to approach Monte Verde, everything seemed to unfold like a beautiful fairytale book. A huge smile hit my face as the striking beauty and color unraveled before me.




We were right on time as Shana Beals, our incredibly talented makeup artist, had just arrived. She got right to work on the bridesmaids, transforming their already gorgeous faces into glamorous babes.



In the meantime, I decided I should probably figure out where the heck to put my special little bees. I managed to find a needle and thread and decided to sew them underneath my train. 




Finally it was my turn in the hot seat. If you recall, I had a tough time finding a makeup artist that I loved. Shana wowed me at my trial and she really outdid herself this time. It wasn't overdone, underdone, or anything in between. This girl knows her makeup like the back of her hand. 





A quick side note, I have been waiting to share with you the gift I got my bridesmaids. I ended up buying super plush robes and had them personalized a la Laverne and Shirley. I wanted to get them something they might actually use again. These are super comfy and also practical. I know that I personally use mine every single day!

They also made for some super adorable photo ops. 



Now that we are all looking pretty, the waiting game began. We sat back and relaxed as the time ticked away. Soon I would be able to finally step into my ruffled goodness of a wedding gown. 

{All photos by Martin's Photography}

Last time on We  Do(e)

No comments:

Post a Comment