Thursday, August 9, 2012

We Do(e): Flowers With A Magical Touch

I was very picky when it came to choosing my florist. I told you here all about my florist Blooms by Martha Andrews. We instantly clicked and I knew her style was exactly what I was looking for. She isn't just a florist, she truly is an artist when it comes to floral design.

Besides you know, getting married and all, one of the things I was most excited about the morning of my wedding was finally seeing my flowers. Our venue, Monte Verde, designed all the table centerpieces, and Martha Andrews designed my bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, the arch and all of the corsages and boutonnieres.

Let me just take you on a little walk through the incredible flowers she did for us.

The arch was draped with iridescent white fabric and was delicately pulled to the side with hydrangeas and china mums.


The guys boutonnieres all had blush pink garden roses that matched perfectly to our bouquets. This is where Martha is a step ahead of every other florist out there. She doesn't just leave it at that, oh no, she adds a touch of fresh rosemary to really set things apart. It smelled delicious and looked beautiful. Genius.


My mom's corsage was a large white china mum adorned with some serious bling.


Mr. Buck's mom wore a corsage that contained  stephanotis flowers topped with more bling. 


When I walked into the bridal suite the bouquets were all lined up waiting for us, beckoning to be carried around.


The girls all had blush pink garden roses adorned with an embellished pendant and wrapped in coordinating ribbon.


My sister was set apart with a cluster of perfectly pink peonies. 


Last but certainly not least, my bouquet was a mix of cream and blush pink peonies wrapped in my great grandmother's hankies and adorned with family wedding rings.




To put it lightly, Martha Andrews blew me away by completely making my vision come to life. From the small touches like the rosemary and pendants on the bouquets to perfectly matching the colors I had wanted, she added a magical touch. 

What kind of flowers are you imagining for your wedding? If you are already married, did your florist perfectly pull off your vision?

*All photos by Martin's Photography




No comments:

Post a Comment