Thursday, August 16, 2012

We Do(e): The Boys Take Photos

While the girls were busy taking photos the boys were hanging around and enjoying each other's company. What I didn't know at the time is that they all left Mr. Buck by himself upstairs in the grooms suite. He told me that this was the only time he was by himself the entire day. Even I didn't have a moment to myself, which I am somewhat thankful for. A little too much time to think if you ask me. Luckily the girls finished photos fairly quick and it was soon time for the boys to grab Mr. Buck from hiding and start taking their photos. The girls headed inside for some last minute touch ups and one more mimosa (or two...or three).

I had a tough time not being out there with the guys and telling them what poses I wanted and so on. (In other words I really wanted to control the situation). I had to just let it go, be in the moment and know that the photos would turn out just fine without my direction.

Somehow they managed with out me. In fact, they probably did better simply because I wasn't there being all bossy. The boys aren't ones to enjoy photos but I think they did a great job. They all look pretty dang natural and that is what mattered most to me. 



Of course they had to do the jumping shot. Some of the smaller guys managed to get some serious air. Either that or they are secretly leprechauns; the jury is out on the one on the left.


I call this the James Bond moment. They make it look so effortless.


Mr. Buck found picture taking to be slightly stressful since he typically doesn't like to have photos taken and his brain was going a million miles a minute. His advice to all the guys out there is to just let it be. It must have worked for him because I think the guys look pretty laid back. 

How did your groom and groomsman photos turn out? Did you have to let go of being in control and let yourself be in the moment?

*Photos by Martin's Photography






No comments:

Post a Comment