Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Hair Has Issues

If you haven't noticed by now, my hair is of the curly variety. I am incredibly worried about my hair on my wedding day. For good reason too. Let me give you some background information so you can fully understand my concern. Today I present to you the trials and tribulations of this Doe's hair. Or in other words, my fur.

Might I add that this was difficult posting a few of these photos. They are by no means flattering photos of me. However, I have learned to laugh at myself. Therefore in the name of blogging, I proudly and humbly present to you the story of my hair, hang on tight.

1. The adorable years started when I was just a little fawn. I had what some considered to be hair reminiscent of Shirley Temple. (Who I love, by the way.)


   

2. It slowly transitioned into the poofy years. We were never quite sure how to handle my hair, so we kept it at a modest shoulder length that formed somewhat of a triangle. (I say we, because my mom was my hair stylist.)



3. My hair always had great versatility. It came in handy with Halloween costumes, I never needed to wear a wig! Sister Doe obviously had to wear wigs. She did rock that Pocahontas look though. Also, how cute does Brother Doe look?

{If you didn't guess, I am the witch. Next to me is Sis Doe and Bro Doe}

4. The awkward years came and lasted a little too long in my opinion. It's the years of the bangs and excessive amounts of mousse.



5. The real battle started to occur soon after I met Mr. Buck. I lost the bangs, but not the mousse. I was convinced that my hair needed to air dry to achieve maximum curliness with a minimum amount of frizz. This turned into a daily battle for me. One that I was determined to win. I would wake up every day to get ready for school at 4:30 am to let my hair properly dry. It obviously did not work. Exhibit A: my drivers license photo. I honestly have no excuse for this photo. I think my hair plotted against me this day. I mean seriously, WHAT IS THAT?!



6. About halfway through high school, I discovered the flat iron. This was probably the worst thing that I have ever done to my hair. I straightened it every single day. At first it was long and looked nice, but then slowly my hair started to die and was fried. It became shorter and shorter...but I hadn't cut my hair. It basically just started to fall out. I think what bothers me most looking back on pictures of me with straight hair is that I just don't look like myself.

 
7. I entered the hippie years right after high school. I stopped straightening my hair and just let it grow out. I think I went two years before I got a hair cut and actually evened out my hair color.

{Sis Doe and I}

8. Being that my mom is a past hair dresser, she advised me to cut my hair and get a few high lights. That was definitely some good advice from mom (advice? demand?) because this is how I think my hair looks best. I also keep regular appointments with my hair dresser to keep my mass of hair in check.

{Mom Doe and I}

I love my hair shorter, but that is not going to work for how I want my hair for the wedding. I started growing my hair out soon after we became engaged. It is starting to get pretty long.


{Me with Bro Doe and Sis Doe)

My hair dresser still wants me to grow it out at least two more inches before the wedding. It.is.driving.me.CRAZY. I can't handle this long hair thing. It is constantly all up in my business and driving me bonkers. I am a stanch supporter of the post wedding chop and I can't wait to hack it off.

My thoughts are constantly consumed by wedding hair nightmares. With my past hair history, I am so worried my hair will not cooperate on my wedding day. I am totally freaked out that I am going to have one big frizzy mess gracing my head on that day.

Are you growing your hair out for your wedding?
Are you worried your hair will plot against you on your wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment