Friday, October 28, 2011

My Clear Skin Regimen

Makeup does wonders, but it can only go so far. When I have a bad breakout, I have never been a fan of covering it up with loads of concealer. On me, it just makes it look worse. Which means clear skin is a priority for me.

 I have to say, my skin has never been all that terrible. However, I have my serious issues with it from time to time. I get those awful, what I like to call "underground", pimples that are very painful. Then it takes nearly a week and a half to clear up. I am incredibly nervous that my skin will not be clear come May.

A few months back I started to notice how perfectly clear my sister's skin is. My sister has dealt with skin issues and so it was very obvious how incredible her skin looked. I asked her what the heck she did to make it so clear. She said she started using the acne 3 step program from Clinique.

{Isn't she beautiful? And look how clear her skin is!}

Hold the phone...seriously? I have always used Clinique face makeup products for as long as I can remember. (Although my eyelids belong to MAC.) I think it is because my mom always used their face makeup products so in turn I did as well. They truly make a product that keeps skin in mind. I had seen the acne 3 step program before, so why did I never think to try it out?

I went ahead and ordered the acne 3 step program to get started. This is the skin that I started with. Don't laugh at me, I look a little rough after a long day and no make up. I have those painful "undergrounds" and smaller ones that aren't quite visible..but they are there, I swear!

{We are close to Halloween, so here is my attempt to scare ya a little.}

As soon as the products arrived I began using it as directed. 3 steps in the morning and 3 steps in the evening. I even bought the emergency gel lotion just in case.


Here is my skin after just 3 days of use.


I think I am in love. This product worked wonders for me. Not only did it clear up my skin, but it has also prevented future breakouts. If I use the product the way it is suppose to be used, I do not have any breakouts. Which means I can be confident that I will have clear skin from here on out and through the wedding. (I really hope I did not just jinx myself.)

Now as far as price goes, it is more expensive than store bought products such as Clean and Clear. I will say that it is less expensive than some of the other acne products on the market. You can by the kit which comes with slightly smaller bottles, but still a decent size, for $32.50. Or you can buy the big bottles separately which comes to about $50 total. You can even buy the bar soap instead of the foam pump which is made out of the same ingredients, but it is $4 cheaper and lasts much longer. I find that they last a little over 3 months before I need to order more. In my opinion, you absolutely get your money's worth.

Clinique has a clear skin guarantee where if your skin does not clear up and you are not satisfied, they will refund your money. As a consumer, this proves to me that they are confident in their product. No need to convince me though, because I am a Clinique lifer now.

I also promise I am not a spokesperson, just a very happy acne free customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment