Thursday, October 13, 2011

How Rude!

I thought I would update you all on that appointment we had to meet with a potential videographer. The one that I was super excited about because he did not require my first born child and/or my life savings in order to book him?

Yeah, total fail. That meeting did not go as I had hoped. First he emailed me about an hour before our appointment to ask if we could push back the appointment by 30 minutes. Okay, no big deal. Thank goodness I checked my email before leaving. I consider this to be sign numero uno.

Things started off fairly well while he was explaining the different pricing options. Again, he was the most affordable videographer that I could fine. Things took a slight turn when he continued to call Mr. Buck by the wrong name of James. Not just once, but approximately five times. After every time he would correct himself, so he did know his correct name. Okay, the first time is an honest mistake. Second time, he is still trying to figure this out. Third, fourth, fifth time? I'm starting to think Mr. Buck's real name is James....ridiculous.

He showed us two videos and they seemed nice. Nothing special, but again he is affordable and I kept telling myself this. To top it all off at the very end he said "I don't really choose to do weddings anymore because they take up my weekends, I only do them when people find me." Wow, thanks. Because we aren't going to be paying you a crap load of money or anything. (Yes he is affordable, but it still costs money.) I was not really interested in paying someone for a service who does not actually want to be there. As Stephanie Tanner would say:

{Image via Forever Geek}
 
This was all very frustrating to say the least. I felt like I was back to square one and considering once again to not have a videographer. That is until I got home and found a message from my photographer. He knew I was going to meet with a videographer, and he had a referral for me if this one did not work out. Apparently one of his best friends does video and they work really well together. I got his contact information and emailed him right away. I am hoping to meet with him soon and hopefully this one will work out a little better.

At the very least, maybe he will remember Mr. Buck's name. That would be a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment