Monday, November 12, 2012

We Do(e): The Tossin' Songs

We had a little switcharoo of the bouquet toss music the morning of the wedding. Originally we had planned on 'Beautiful Girls' by Van Halen. However, around the same time as my wedding was when what I like to call the 'Call Me Maybe' blowup occurred. My bridesmaids and I could not get enough of the song and such parodies as:

(Video via You Tube)

And while these were not out at the time, they are currently among our favorites:

(Video via You Tube)
(Video via You Tube)

America, we are out of control. We get obsessed with something and we just run with it apparently. Looking back years from now, I guarantee 'Call Me Maybe' will not be forgotten and will become one of those songs you can't help but love. We might forget the parodies, and we might throw a wish in the well to forget the words....but we won't. We will continue to sing line after line with a goofy grin on our face. Our kids someday might look at us like we are boring and weird, but I think we will all remember the year that 'Call Me Maybe' exploded on to the scene. 

The morning of my wedding my bridesmaids asked if they could change the song and I was more than happy to oblige. I told them they had to take it up with the DJ though, and of course he had no problem with it. Looking back I am so glad we decided to change it to such a silly yet fun song because everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. 

It took me forever to actually throw my bouquet because I didn't want the song to end. I also had a tipsy groomsman tell me about ten times to be careful of the chandelier. Which means I kept stopping and telling him that thank you, yes I see it. 





Now, the garter toss was equally as fun. We used the song 'Who Do You Love' by George Thorogood, mainly because my husband's favorite movie is 'Joe Dirt'. It turned out to be the perfect song for this type of occasion. 

I was also very concerned about how awkward this moment might be. It turns out to not feel as strange as it looks. However, I do recommend being aware of your posture in the chair because some photos have the ability to turn out no so flattering if you aren't sitting up appropriately. 






Did you have fun with your bouquet and garter toss songs? 

*Photos by Martin's Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment